Twitter Blue is simply a premium subscription. Users that pay a monthly price for Twitter gain access to more features and options for customising their app interface.
Twitter Blue is completely optional, and you don’t need it to use Twitter. Consider it a paid add-on that promises to improve your Twitter experience.
When it comes to premium features, you can expect to see things like Bookmark folders (a way to organize your bookmarked tweets by placing them in folders), Reader (an enhanced experience for reading tweet threads), Top Articles (a view that prioritizes popular tweets and articles from accounts you follow), an undo tweet option and ad-free articles.
How to set up Twitter Blue
Set up Twitter Blue On the mobile app:
1. Open the app
2. Select your Profile icon to open your profile menu
3. Select Twitter Blue
4. On the Twitter Blue screen, look at the Subscribe for button at the bottom of your screen.
Setting up Twitter Blue On the web:
1. Open your browser and go to Twitter.com
2. Log into your account if you haven’t already
3. On the left side of your screen is a menu of options, Select More
4. A menu will pop up then select Twitter Blue
5. On the pop-up screen that appears, look at the Subscribe for button at the bottom
6. This button will show your monthly price for Twitter Blue.
The undo Tweet feature might be the most enticing benefit of the service. And whether or not you consider Twitter Blue as worth the money is ultimately up to you. But if you only casually use Twitter, you probably don’t need or won’t care enough about Twitter Blue to spend money on it.