WhatsApp, one of the most popular messaging apps, has added a new feature that allows users to edit sent messages. This is a highly requested feature that will be useful for correcting typos, adding more context, or simply changing your mind about what you said. To edit a sent message, simply long-press on the message and select “Edit.”
You can then make your changes and send the edited message. This feature is available on both Android and iPhone, and it works for both text messages and media messages.
Here are the steps on how to edit a sent message on WhatsApp:
- Open the WhatsApp conversation that contains the message you want to edit.
- Long-press on the message.
- Select “Edit.”
- Make your changes to the message.
- Tap the “Send” button.
The edited message will be sent to the recipient, and they will see a notification that the message has been edited. This feature is only available for messages that have been sent within 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, you will no longer be able to edit the message.
How To Edit Sent Messages On WhatsApp Web and Desktop
The process of editing sent messages on WhatsApp Web and Desktop differs slightly from that on mobile devices.
Follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp Web or Desktop and navigate to the chat containing the message you’d like to edit.
- Click on the message to select it.
- Inside the chat bubble, click the ⌄ (down arrowhead) symbol.
- Select the Edit option from the menu that appears.
- Correct the message as needed, and then click the green ✓ (checkmark) to confirm your edits.
Remember, the 15-minute window for editing applies to WhatsApp Web and Desktop users as well.