This article explains how to view the battery percentage on the iPhone 12 as well as how to have it available on your home screen using a widget.
How to View Battery Percentage on the iPhone 12
On earlier versions of iOS, you had to turn on the battery percentage option to see this information. Not on the iPhone 12! These days, the battery percentage option is on by default—you just have to know where to find it.
1. Swipe down from the top right corner of the iPhone 12 screen to open iOS Control Center.
2. In the top right corner of the screen, next to the battery icon, is the battery percentage. This is how much battery your iPhone 12 has left.
- Swipe up or tap on the background to close Control Center again.
If all you want to be able to do is periodically check the battery percentage, then that’s all you have to do. If you want to easily keep tabs on the battery’s status, consider adding a widget to your home screen. Battery low? Here are the different ways you can charge your iPhone 12.
TIP: One way to find the battery percentage on iPhone 12 is to ask Siri. Activate Siri using the Side button and then ask “Hey Siri, how much battery do I have left?” The battery percentage will appear on the screen.
How to Add a Battery Widget to the iPhone 12
Thanks to iPhone widgets in iOS 14, which comes pre-loaded on the iPhone 12, you can add a battery percentage widget to your home screen.
1. Tap and hold the screen until the icons start wiggling.
2. Tap +.
3. In the widgets pop-up, tap Batteries.
4. Choose the widget style you want to use. Swipe back and forth to see the options. The Batteries widget will also display battery info for Apple devices connected to your phone like Apple Watch or AirPods.
5. Tap Add Widget for the one you want to use.
6. The widget is added to your home screen. Move it around to the location where you want it and then tap Done.
Leave a Reply