The fact that Amazon is among the leading eCommerce stores in the world, we thought you might be interested in expanding your business globally. Selling on Amazon in Uganda is simple, and you can get started in just a few easy steps:
- Go to services.amazon.com.
- Click Sign Up.
—You’ll be required to sign in to your regular account (if you don’t have one, making one is quick and easy) to create your Amazon account.
- Follow the prompts and you’ll be set up within a few minutes!
What do you need to start selling on Amazon in Uganda?
You will now be prompted to enter a fair amount of information the process is easy and step-by-step, but before you begin, make sure you have the following information readily available:
- A credit card that can be charged internationally (any Visa, Mastercard or American Express card will work).
- A bank account in Uganda that supports ACH (automated clearing house) for accepting payments from Amazon.
- Your name, mailing address, and other contact information including your email address and phone number in Uganda.
- Your bank account number and routing number
- A U.S. EIN (Employee Identification Number), which you can get by filling out IRS Form SS-4 here.
You are now set to start selling on Amazon! But before you list a single product, it’s a good idea to get your seller’s profile tidied up.
Go to the Amazon Seller Central portal and click “Settings” in the top right corner, then hit “Account Info” in the drop-down menu.
Once on the Seller Account Information page, spend some time clicking on each area of the portal (“Your Seller Profile,” “Payment Information,” and “Tax Information,” e.g.) to make sure everything is set up as you want. Don’t overlook the display name of your “store” you might want to make sure it does not display as your own name.
Listing products on an Amazon seller account
Assuming you are selling a product with an ASIN (Amazon’s own identification number), a UPC (Universal Product Code the 12-digit number found on product barcodes), an EAN (European Article Number), or a book with an ISBN (International Standard Book Number), listing products on Amazon is remarkably easy.
- Go to your Seller Central home portal.
- At the top of the page, click or hover over “Inventory,” then hit “Add a Product” from the dropdown menu.
- Copy and paste or type the ASIN, UPC, EAN, or ISBN of the item to sell into the text bar under “List a new product” and hit “Search.”
- Assuming Amazon finds the product, on the next page, choose the condition in which you are selling it (be objective), and set your price (be competitive you will be able to see the lowest current price).
- Note that Individual accounts can’t set shipping prices, so if you want to be the lowest rate, you may need to undercut the bottom price by five or six dollars.
- Set the quantity of the item you have to sell.
- List the item, then move on to the next.
You’ve now started out as an Amazon seller and can begin making some extra cash.
Thank you this was very helpful
Can you tell us more about this? I’d like to find out more details.
Thanks for the info. But can all this be done using a smart phone?
It sounds easy though it might not be for first timers, do you know of anyone in Uganda who can help me out?
Yes please, everything can be done on your smartphone.
Hello, I’ve failed to get OTP