Ugandan expats living in the United Arab Emirates can now renew their passports within 7 days with the new electronic service in Abu Dhabi.
The Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration Control at the Ugandan Ministry of Internal Affairs last month rolled out the e-passport enrollment service at the Ugandan mission in Abu Dhabi.
With approximately 70,000 living in the UAE, the embassy has been getting many applications from people wanting to renew their passports or get a replacement for those without the new East African passport and those whose travel documents got lost.
In this article, I’ll share how to apply for a new East African passport in the UAE.
How to apply for the new passport
Here is the list of all the requirements you need to get a new passport at the Ugandan embassy in the UAE;
1. National Identification Card (ID) and its photocopy
2. Copy of your father and mother’s National ID
3. In case you don’t have your parent’s IDs then you need to provide any recommenders ID
4. Your old passport and its photocopy
Steps to follow in getting a new passport
1. Go to https://passports.go.ug/ and start a new Application
2. Fill in the form and all the necessary requirements and if it is hard for you, you may ask a friend and combine the knowledge.
3. After filling in all necessary requirements, submit the form and it will direct you to how you are going to pay for the passport.
4. It should be noted that you’ll need to pay only 260aed for the ordinary passport.
5. After paying you will be directed to schedule an appointment with the embassy to go and capture your biometrics – fingerprints and the face scan.
6. After that process the embassy will forward your data to the Ministry of Internal Affairs in Uganda and your passport will be printed.
Hope this helps, and share it with family and friends. Thank you.
How Can I check if my passport renewal is ready