Sending money to a wrong number should not count as a loss. Easily initiate a reversal and get your money back. Unlike before, with Airtel Money, you can safely return money sent to a wrong number, just like you could with MTN Mobile Money. The procedure is rather simple, and you can do it yourself.
When transferring money using Airtel money in Uganda, the recipient’s name and phone number are visible. Even still, a wrong transfer can be made by almost anyone. That’s why knowing such information is very vital.
In case you’ve tried calling the receiver and they aren’t responding, or their number has been turned off, don’t panic, there’s still a solution. This article will show you exactly how you can reverse a wrong Airtel money transfer and get the money back to your Airtel Money Wallet.
Here are the steps on how to reverse a wrong Airtel Money transfer in Uganda:
- Dial *185# on your Airtel phone.
- Select 10 for “My Account” option.
- Select 8 for “Reverse Wrong Transaction” option.
- Select 1 for Initiate Transactional Reverse.
- Select the transaction you want to reverse.
- Enter PIN to confirm.
If the reversal is successful, you will receive a confirmation message. The money will be reversed to your Airtel Money Wallet within 24 hours.
Read: How to get an Airtel eSIM in Uganda
Here are some things to keep in mind when reversing a wrong Airtel Money transfer:
- You can only reverse a transfer within 7 days of making the transfer.
- You can only reverse a transfer if the recipient has not yet withdrawn the money.
- You will be charged a reversal fee of UGX 500.
I hope this article has been helpful. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Airtel Money customer support.
I hope this is what you are looking for. Let me know if you have other requests or questions.