Like any other social media platform, on TikTok, users, creators, and brands can get the blue tick to show your account is verified.
However, the process on TikTok is different from other sites like Instagram or Facebook. You can’t request TikTok verification through an application process.
Instead, the platform has a dedicated team that seeks out creators, brands, and influencers to grant a badge — so you’ll have to be selected to receive this checkmark.
How to get a verified TikTok account
There are no particular criteria to get verified on TikTok; nonetheless, here are some tips and tricks that will help you get noticed by TikTok staff who hand out the coveted blue check.
1. Gain more followers: On TikTok, there is no exact number of followers you need to become verified, but it is certain that the more you have, the more likely you are to become verified. Moreover, you will attract attention if you generate new followers every day and maintain a constant growth.
2. Uniqueness: Prove you offer something different than the millions of other users. Don’t just copy someone else’s style. Stand out in the crowd.
3. Post videos that regularly go viral: Viral videos guarantee you a huge chunk of views on TikTok. Creating regular, viral videos, two or three a month, will grab the attention of users and the platform’s team.
4. Authenticity: Make sure you are who you say you are and your videos are genuine.
5. Uniqueness : Prove you offer something different than the millions of other users. Don’t just copy someone else’s style. Stand out in the crowd.
6. Become verified on other social media sites: Social media sites all feedback to each other. So, being verified on other platforms like Instagram, Facebook or Twitter, will help increase your chances of becoming verified on TikTok.
7. Keep Your Audience Engaged: Post content on a regular basis and also watch videos made by others and comment on them daily.
8. Follows the rules: Having your account flagged for breaking the rules will decrease your chances of getting verified enormously. No nudity, no hate speech, and no bullying.
How many followers do you need to get Verified on TikTok?
The minimum number of followers needed to get verified on TikTok has never officially been stated. Some celebrities are able to get their accounts verified simply because they’re celebrities even though they have zero TikTok followers.
Popular creator accounts tend to have anywhere from ten thousand followers up to several million followers. It should be noted that though there are numerous TikTok accounts with follower numbers in the hundreds of thousands that aren’t verified so the requirements clearly aren’t just about how many followers you have
What type of accounts can be Verified on TikTok?
1. Content creators that are really popular on social media, that have more than a million followers, can have their accounts verified.
2. Personalities and celebrities that are famous outside the platform: actors, singers, sports stars, among others.
At the end of the day, a blue checkmark is not the be-all-end-all to a worthy TikTok account.
While it’s an added bonus, don’t spend too much time trying to get verified on TikTok. Your best bet is to continue creating engaging content and the rest will fall into place.
Check us out on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for tech updates, product reviews, and tech news.