You can borrow data on MTN Uganda if you have used up all of the data on your phone and do not have enough airtime to buy another bundle, borrow airtime, or a voice bundle. Customers that have been active on the MTN for at least 6 months are eligible for MTN Xtratime.
In addition to that requirement, customers must have used their SIM card at least once within the past 90 days. If you have the requirements aforementioned, you will only be able to loan data from MTN Uganda.
How much can you borrow?
The least amount of airtime you can borrow from MTN is UGX 250 while the maximum is UGX 10,000. While the minimum amount of voice bundles you can borrow is 6 Mins and a maximum of 60 Minutes both valid for 24 hours.
You can also borrow a minimum of 15 MB valid for 24 hours and a maximum of 1 GB valid for 24 hours.
How to borrow data on MTN Uganda
If you use an MTN sim, you can borrow data by following these steps:
- Dial *146#
- Choose option 5 from the list of available choices (Borrow Data Bundle)
- then, pick your preferred data bundle from the list of data options.
- Once selected, the data offer will be added to your account
- Dial *131# or *150*141# to check your remaining data balance.
How to borrow airtime on MTN Uganda
If you use an MTN sim, you can airtime by following these steps:
- Dial *146#
- Select the amount of Airtime you would like to borrow.
- Your account will be credited with the requested airtime amount once you choose a preferred amount.
- Dial *131# to check your airtime balance.
MTN Uganda is not offering you these loans for free. Each loan is issued with a service fee. Charges for using MTN XtraTime Service are—10% of the airtime value of the data bundle.
When borrowing Airtime, Customers will be charged only 10% of the credit value they borrow, and when borrowing bundles, Customers will be charged only 10% of the value of the bundle borrowed. For example, if a customer borrows a 40 MB data bundle valued at UGX 500/-, a fee of UGX 50 will be charged. The full 40 MB will be activated for the customer and a total of UGX 550 (value of loan + loan fee) will be owed by the customer.
📣 Join our Telegram channel (Techyuzer) for the latest news and updates and guides.