Call forwarding also known as Call diverting is a widely used feature on phones to forward or divert the calls coming to that number to another previously assigned number, under various circumstances.
Once activated on a contact number, the calls can be made to redirect to the other number when the number is busy, not reachable, or when there is no answer.
Every telecom provider in Uganda from Airtel to MTN offer a call forwarding feature however with this feature, you will be charged for the incoming calls.
How to activate call forwarding using dial codes
By dailing the following Call forwarding Codes you’ll be activating the feature on your phone;
- In most cases, you can forward all incoming calls to your phone to another number by dialing **21 followed by the 10-digit phone number you want to forward to. For example: **21*070-XXXXXXX# then press Send
- Dail **004*NUMBER # to activate Call forwarding when the line is busy, doesn’t pick up, or is out of range
- Dail **67*NUMBER # to activate Call forwarding when the line is busy
- Dail **61*NUMBER # when no pick up
- Dail **62*NUMBER # when out of range.
How to deactivate call forwarding using dial codes
Call forwarding is a great feature since it helps you not miss a call incase the number is busy, not reachable, or when there is no answer. However for some security reasons, you would want to deactivate this feature.
To deactivate all types of call forwarding completely, dial ##21# then press send.
Call forwarding can be useful in many situations but deactivation process also comes in handy.
I hope it was an easy guide on how to deactivate call forwarding from your smartphone. If you still have any doubt or the USSD code isn’t working then let me know in the comment section below.